[Previous] [Next] [Index] [Thread]

Re[2]: Java "security holes'

I believe it is still policy problem: Network admin people would prefer
to centralize the security managment, like firewall. Even if I wrongly
configure my unix workstation, the public internet sites still can not
access my workstation. If we allow individual users to open connections,
then anything could happen without acknowledging admin people.

I would like to know how Sun solve the load problems in the future.

Jing

Is is possible to have a "Java Properties" table in the application
that specifies the kind of behaviors allowed to an applet ?  Such a
property table must be under control of the user.

I could imagine two dimensions initially, properties applied on
a source basis, and properties applied transitively, e.g. from
one applet to another perhaps based on the "least permissive" set
of properties...  Almost sounds like inheritance  ;-)

Hmmm.... interesting topic.  I'll think some more.

John